Who? What? Where? When?
The Pocono Arts Council hosts its biggest fundraiser of the year, Spring for the Arts 2018, “A Night at the Kentucky Derby” at Stroudsmoor Country Inn Pavilion on May 4.
To complement this fun, socializing event, a NEW ONLINE AUCTION will take place May 1-25, 2018. It begins on May 1 and closes at 11:59pm on May 25.
The in-person event on May 4 puts the FUN in fundraising and offers an opportunity for community members to connect and socialize in support of local artists and arts organizations. “A Night at the Kentucky Derby” will feature delicious southern buffet foods, mint juleps, awards presentations, and raffle drawings.
The Online Auction, May 1-25, will allow a greater number of people to participate in the Spring for the Arts 2018 fundraising activities. Now that the auction site is open, you can register your account and bid on items until midnight on May 25. Each time you bid, you will receive an email confirmation that your bid has been received, and you will be alerted when you have been outbid. It’s a lot of fun!
Please click on PURCHASE to purchase raffle tickets, sponsorships, or make a monetary donation. Unfortunately, admission tickets are sold out and are no longer available for the May 4th event. Thanks for all of your support!
Become a Member!
When you make a payment online, you will receive an automated receipt that you may keep for tax purposes.
Can I buy tickets at the door?
No. Tickets to the May 4th gala are sold out.
What should I wear?
Bright-colored attire in keeping with the theme, “A Night at the Kentucky Derby.” Be creative, ladies and gentleman. Wear your favorite Kentucky Derby hat, fascinator, fedora, or bowler. You can top it off with festive ribbons, bows, bow-ties, or pocket squares. The crowd's favorite outfit will be applauded as "Best in Show" in our People's Choice Award!
Is there a Raffle?
Yes! There are two raffle options:
1. Raffle Prize Drawing – Enter to win one of three valuable prizes in our raffle drawing. Buy your tickets online or at the event on May 4. It may be a long shot, but get in the race to win! $5 each; six for $25! You do NOT need to be present to win. Click Raffle Prizes
2. 50/50 Cash Raffle– A cash raffle will be held live, in-person at the fundraising event on May 4. The winner that evening will split the pot, 50/50, with the Pocono Arts Council. Place your bets! $1/ticket, must be present to win.
How do I donate an item or ask for a donation for the online auction?
Acquiring online auction items is easier than you think. Many businesses have been asked before and can either fill out a form online or send in a printed form. You can contact individuals by email or in-person.
We are actively seeking tickets, gift cards, entertainment, arts and fine crafts, travel, electronics, sports, food and restaurants, services, memberships, classes, beauty and fitness, pets, merchandise, and experiences.
Enter donations online by clicking Donations - Online Form. Simply send your contacts an email, share this URL, and donations can be submitted online.
OR Download and print a donation form by clicking Donations - Printable Form. This paper copy can be presented to local businesses to be filled out and sent in.
Please fill out the form and deliver physical items in person or via mail ASAP to the Pocono Arts Council, 18 N. 7th Street, Stroudsburg, PA 18360.
Can I sponsor or make a monetary donation to offset the cost of the event?
Yes. Click on PURCHASE then scroll down for all options.
How can I explore auction items by category?
Items on the Online Auction site (to be launched on May 1, 2018) can be searched by category, including Art, Photography & Fine Crafts; Beauty & Fitness; Books; Entertainment & Events; Experiences & Group Tours; Fashion & Jewelry; Kids' Classes & Camps; Music; Restaurants, Food & Beverages; Services; Sports. Simply click on the lined square at top left to see "Categories" and scroll within to search by interest.
What happens if I win?
The Online Auction closes at 11:59pm on Friday, May 25 at which time winning bidders will be notified. Winning items may be picked up at the Pocono Arts Council, 18 N. 7th Street, Stroudsburg, PA 18360 during pick-up hours:
Monday, June 4 – 10am-6pm
Tuesday, June 5 – 10am-6pm
Wednesday, June 6 – 10am-8pm
Thursday, June 7 – 10am-6pm
Friday, June 8 – 10am-6pm
- Please refer to individual item restrictions.
- Special requests for shipping will be at the winner’s expense.
- You must notify firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, May 31. Items will be mailed or shipped after scheduled pick-up dates.
- Artwork, liquids or food will not be mailed or shipped.
- USPS: items fitting in a 9x12 envelope or smaller can be mailed with an additional $1.00 S&H fee.
- Other shipping methods: materials and shipping fees will be applied.
- We are not responsible for items not picked up during posted pick-up times where bidders did not request special shipping arrangements.
The Pocono Arts Council is a local arts service organization serving Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike, and Wayne counties. The mission of the council is to build the community artistically and culturally by providing leadership, service and education. Your support benefits local artists and arts organizations throughout its service region in northeast Pennsylvania.
The Pocono Arts Council is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. EIN/Tax ID: 23-1970009
Auction questions? email@example.com
Pocono Arts Council
18 N. 7th Street
Stroudsburg, PA 18360